Nov 21, 2008

My thoughts on cream shadows


Where shall I start? What is so good about cream e/s? Is it the color, pigmentation, feel? Personally, I like cream e/s, but boy does that stuff crease. I mean, some companies have gorgeous colours, Which brings me to the real reason why I'm writing this blog today. The new Metal Urge by MAC collection just came out this wk. (BTW, I love MAC, who doesn't right?) From what I read, the Brushed Metal X e/s in this collection description says 'Creamy' but it never says it is a 'cream'...(why did they have to go and confuse me like this!) MAC, I think you need a little more practice putting words to mean what you say! I may be new to makeup, I mean, I don't know as much as to compare it to the earlier MAC metals collection, but I thought I would ellaborate anyways.

When I think of a cream type of eyeshadow, I think of Revlon's Illuminance cream e/s, MUF cream color, MAC paintpots, and various creamsticks. Cream color e/s may or may not be a makeup addict best-friend due to the ridiculous creasing it leaves. I think so bad it makes us cringe, cry, curse every badword in the book, and throw out the darn thing out the window (I'm over-exagerrating) So, why would MAC market a creamy e/s (different from PPots, shadestick, etc)? I know one thing is for sure, I trust the MAC company. If they can conjure up dreamy lippies, HP e/s (high pigmentation eye shadows), lipgloss that doesn't budge, I'm pretty sure they would design a creamy e/s that may not crease, but may crease a lil' bit but still look lovely :D, see that's what happens when MAC has support! lol........

So we all would agree that some e/s do have a velvet feel to it (hence MAC's Satin e/s) that would, in my own little way resemble a 'cream'. I think I just thought too much into the description, haha! Anywho, to further clarify my confusion, I emailed MAC makeup artist Barbie to clarify the texture...She described the e/s to be a very light cream that dries to a powder finish, and, of course, with HP. To me, that sounds wonderful, I'm thinking about grabbing 1 or 2 this weekend!

So, if you are out and about and pick up Metal Urge e/s or you are a divine addict, like I am, and happen to already have some, please comment this blog and let me know your thoughts about it. What did you get? What worked for you? Was there alot of creasing? What will you be getting from this collection?
Everyone have a glorious Friday and wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment