May 6, 2009

Eco-tools, Tropez Haul

Just a little bit of shopping around town, Texas Dollar store, Walgreens, and Target to name a few. I'm trying not to buy really anything makeup related until next month just to save up a little bit. But I still managed to get bargains and shopped for things that are like $1 to $5. I had fun anyways, so here is what I got!


The Olay face scrub smells amaaaazing! And I love how the Deep Clean by Neutrogena calms your mood.

I wasn't too pleased with the Physicians Formula Shimmer strips in 'Waikiki Strip' peachy glow. I actually bought another one also in 'Vegas...' something rather and was not pleased at all for that one, I'm already prepared to return it. Story: I went to Target because I had a coupon for Physicians formula $1 off any product. So, why does Target give me a hard time by not letting me use the same coupon for both products? I'm beyond amazed they happen to follow petty rules and risk losing a customer. When I worked for Macy's (a long time ago) we used to do it for our customers all the time, there is nothing wrong with that, it's called being nice and giving the customer great customer service. I'm thinking about complaining to the supervisor but we'll see, I'll keep you posted. I just don't understand why she wouldn't let me apply the coupon for both of them, she's going to take my coupon anyway, so what is the difference, lol.

But back to the product, for some reason it just added shimmer and barely enough color to put on as a blush. I don't know, I might keep it, if I return it I can't get my coupon back so I don't know what I'll do :/



LA Colors loose shimmer's were just a $1



I wanted to chat about some of the things:



Pixi Lip Palette (Target)
[colors top row: 1-4
bottom row: 5-8]




Pixi lip palette in no.1 'Tan Topper' (weird name for a lipgloss palette : P )

I've had my eye on this for a while and I ended up buying it, which I would never have if they weren't on sale because girlfriend has them for $28 dollars a pop! yikes which to me is seriously over-priced. But naturally I couldn't say no to it's new price of $7. I admit, she has some nice products but regular priced items are just not cool, I usually wait until they go on sale to haul her products :) I'm throwing this little palette in my purse....So I guess I better add that to my Purse essentials post from yesterday, lol.



Eco Tools


Eco Tools Powder Retractable brush

And I just wanted to come and share my joy about the amazing Ecotools makeup brushes. I once was going to buy the whole collection but wasn't sure about paying the price, So I wanted to wait for them to go on sale which surprisingly they don't, hmmm don't know why, but I just caved and bought the one brush I did need, the retractable powder brush ($8). Review of this brush coming soon.

What EcoTools says about their RECYCLED ALUMINUM Retractable powder brush:
Great for applying face powder or bronzer• Soft, cruelty-free bristles• Natural & recycled
materials
This earth-friendly powder brush provides a smooth, soft finish and sets your makeup. And, it shows respect for the planet:
• Retractable case is made from Recycled Aluminum.
• Synthetic taklon bristles are 100% cruelty free.




Tropez Bronzer & Tropez Eyeshadow Dupe for MAC e/s 'Beauty Marked'

I've never owned any Tropez products before so I was excited to buy these gems at great prices. The bronzer ($4) is lovely and I'm seriously thinking about going back for another.






In the Tropez palette in Maui Mauve ($4) I quickly noticed the black one w/ fucshia sparkles, and while thinking about it for a minute, I saw that is looked exacly like MAC e/s Beauty Marked. The only difference is the Tropez one is alot more pigmented and dark (but you can still see the sparkles), whereas the MAC one is sheer black and gives more sparkles pay-off. In the pan though they are very similar.




Wet N Wild Ultimate Expressions

Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions
I got this is Paradise Cove. I seen great reviews about this palette and decided to try. I'm really impressed with the color pay-off. Portable also, included is a slide-out mirror & you get 2 sponge-tipped applicators.They have 3 color sets to choose from. I'm thinking about getting the other 2 :)



I hope you've enjoyed seeing this haul, and if you want me to swatch any of the lip colors and post pics just comment this post and let me know which number. Everyone have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. wow awesome haul...What do u think about the tropez palette??

    Oh and the L.A colors packaging is horrible that is why I depotted them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tropex palette, I just wish they would make more colors :D
    LA colors are great, yes but that packaging is bad...I might just transfer to a little sifter jar :)

    ReplyDelete