Jun 15, 2009

My thoughts on Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara



.22 fl oz, $12 - $13


What Maybelline says about it:
'Why You'll Love It
It’s our first vibrating mascara. Transforms your lashes to perfection.
Patent-pending elastomer brush vibrates 7,000 times per stroke
Provides clump-free definition, intense color, and shine.Waterproof; also available in washable formula. Builds lash volume, length, and adds curl
Buildable formula. Ideal for All Skin Types. Contact lens safe.'
My thoughts:

I didn't know what to think about this mascara the first time I put it on other than that it was a little too thick. Basically, I knew that it would take a little practice to get the timing right because too much application in one spot makes it clumpy. The second time I used it I felt that I needed to smear off a little of the formula from the wand because it was too much. Pulse Perfection is also a little over-priced, more than I'm used to, but I can totally understand why due to it's built-in vibrating system. Acually it's more than a regular mascara from MAC would cost at $12....I bought Pulse Perfection for $12.50 (Walmart).

I am really in the middle about this mascara, I'm not hating it but I'm not loving it either. Basically I love the way it curls without even using an eyelash curler and I love the black pigmentation. The pigmentation of the formula is great, it's really black. There is currently no other color other than Very Black & Blackest Black. One thing that I noticed and really bothered me what that the button which you are suppose to press while you are applying is too close to the edge so holding it is a little difficult, it almost feels as though it is going to slip out of your hand.

Product: 3.5 stars out of 5

Packaging: 3 stars out of 5

Quality: 3 stars out of 5

Overall: 3.2 stars out of 5

Would buy again? No

Where to buy: Walgreens, Wal-mart, Target or any place that sells a full line of Maybelline cosmetics

Pros: Great pigmentation, can create a curl without using an eyelash curler prior, no weird scent-is odorless! No smudging.

Cons: is slightly-clumpy, too much formula on wand-not enough stoppage, lashes need more separation, doesn't build much volume, press button is too close to edge.

Overall: Would like to see a more detailed wand, this wand is too simple for such an extravagant idea (vibrating). Is ok, so I am either for nor against this mascara...it is just mediocre to me. Nothing to boast about but I'm not hating it either.















I put the mascara next to the MAC brush 109 for comparison to show how long it is.
Applying as smooth as I can...
so far it's good....

Whoa.... way too thick and this was only with 2 coats....
This is way too clumpy for my liking, there are more tiny clumps on the underside...

The other eye (right) came out a little better than my left eye....
I hope this review has helped. Let me know if you have any questions!

1 comment:

  1. hey u can email me again..I love ur eyebrows...u should do an eyebrow tut!!

    ReplyDelete