Jul 12, 2010

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' express mascara review


cost: $5.99 and up, I paid $6.99 for mine....
where to buy: CVS, Walmart, Target, Walgreens

what the product says: "Instant false glam in a tube,
-The Falsies Mascara delivers a false lash look; giving you a full set of voluminous, bold, fanned out lashes and the appearance of no gaps from any angle. The Pro-Keratin and Fibre enriched formula is designed to deliver immediate results, distributing volume and visible intensity to your lashes. The patented ‘Spoon’ shaped brush helps fan lashes out. The Falsies Mascara is designed to give the appearance of no gaps and spaces. In a wink lashes you didn’t even know you had look visibly thickened!"

In my opinion, Does the product do what it says? Yes it does, I naturally have very little eyelashes and they are visibly straight without any curl to them at all, the mascara actually added more lush lashes making them fuller and also created a decent curl without an eyelash curler...My preference is that I do not use an eyelash curler so for those that do I feel this mascara would benefit even better on those lashes than on mine. Application is wonderful, no clumps, no stickiness and no slippery/watery feeling.( I hate that feeling of watery mascaras, it doesn't feel like anything is going on the lashes.) and yes, no gaps.


I used a silvery shadow as a background to see the lashes better


The left picture is view from the top or facing the surface of the spoon, the right pic is a side-view.

product- 5 stars

packaging- 5 stars

quality- 5 stars

overall- 5 stars

buy again?
 I most certainly will

is it worth the price?
The mascara is worth it, especially for a drugstore mascara

pros:
No smudging, not sticky or watery, no smell, does what it says, inexpensive, packaging is pretty, wand is different but is functional.

cons:
none

my thoughts:
The spoon-like wand confuses me a bit as to wonder if I would be applying the spoon against my lashes or I would turn it to apply the edge of the wand to my lashes, I've tried it both ways which seem to create the same lashes. Either way my lashes look great. I'm really loving this mascara and plan to get a few more!

3 comments:

  1. This is so inexpencive there!!I got for 13euro and really love it!!Its a fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good I just hope it wont smudge on me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blushingloves: I really like it, I'm thinking about getting another!

    Hell Notes for Beauty: It is really good!

    ReplyDelete